Sunday, January 24, 2016

Introduction

I am so excited to be at TWU majoring in community Health. I commute from Arlington to Denton for school. I normally take few online classes and few in class to save the time and balance my schedule. I am hoping to graduate from TWU in Spring 2017.My future plan is to get master's degree in Public Health and work for CDC or INGOs in future. I am very positive towards learning new things. I moved to the United States in 2009 from Nepal and ever since I have been living in Texas. I love everything here except for humid weather during summer. I think I haven’t been able to adapt to this transition yet. I came from a completely different part of the world to the United States for my better future. I see great opportunities here for hardworking people especially for those come from a different country for better life and better future. I find people very friendly and welcoming. I feel great that I got the opportunity to see two different sides of the world one that I was born and raised and other is the one that I currently live in. I am grateful to my parents and God for that opportunity. I spend a lot of my time in community college and finally figured out what I want to do in my life. I have developed a great interest in Health Science field. In my leisure time, I like to visit different places, watch movies and documentaries and hang out with friends. My expectation from this course is to learn more about the woman's health as it is highly important for a woman to know about her body and her health.I had used blogger 6 years ago for the first time in my history and government course, however,I stopped using it after the semester was done.Hopefully, I'll be fine using it again for this course.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Kalpana,
    First I want to mention that the post are a little hard to read because of the font (maybe is just me). Besides that wow I would like to know more about Nepal. I love the mountains and I know Nepal is the place to be for it. It's in my list of things to do before I die. I'm glad you found out what you really want to do. It is hard for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karina for your comment and for bringing out my attention about the front.I am glad that you are interested to know more about Nepal.It is definitely a beautiful country with many beautiful mountains including Mount Everest which is the highest mountain in the world with the highest altitude.8 out of 10 world's tallest mountains are in Nepal.
    I highly recommend you to visit Nepal sometime.You will not regret it.

    Kalpana,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kalpana,

    I excited to have another class with you! I know you will do great in all your future endeavors. I also hate the humid weather. But good luck to you this semester!

    -Rachel Osei

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel,

    Good Luck to you too.

    -Kalpana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kalpana,
    I can certainly relate to your experience with spending time in community college and trying to find a passion! I am concurrently enrolled at both TWU and Collin, making this my seventh year in community college since I graduate high school. I am so glad you have found the right path, I believe I have too now that I am studying nutrition and wellness. Best of luck in this course!

    -Jackie Vandagriff

    ReplyDelete